Experience one of the leading Halifax attractions steps away from the Westin Nova Scotian. The Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 collects, shares and pays tribute to the Canadian immigration story. Pier 21 is a National Historic Site which was the gateway to Canada for one million immigrants between 1928 and 1971, and the departure point for 500,000 Canadian military personnel during the Second World War.
Today, Pier 21 hosts Atlantic Canada’s only national museum! Visit the Museum’s main exhibition dedicated to the Pier 21 years, take a guided tour in English or French, and watch the emotional film Oceans of Hope. Discover your family roots in the Scotiabank Research Centre and explore temporary and special exhibitions related to Canada’s immigration story.
What better way to reward yourself than with a rich cultural experience during your next trip to Halifax? Book our exclusive Pier 21 package and receive:
- Admission for one family (maximum of two adults and three children) to Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 ($26 value)
- Complimentary high-speed Internet access
- Complimentary self-parking, based on availability ($18 daily value)
- Rates from $134 per night
- The Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 is located 0.3 miles from The Westin Nova Scotian
- The Museum is a 7 minute walk from our Halifax hotel, or a 2 minute drive
- Guests can find Halifax parking at the Westin Nova Scotian steps away, or alternatively, parking is available to the right of the Museum’s main entrance for $2.00 per hour on weekdays before 6:00pm and free on evenings and weekends
- Hours of Operation
- The Museum is open from May 1 to October 31, 7 days a week from 9:30am to 5:30pm. During the month of November, the Museum closes at 5:00pm instead of 5:30pm. From December 1 to February 28, the Museum is open Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00am to 5:00pm and closed Sundays and Mondays. In March, the Museum is open Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00am-5:00pm, and closed on Sundays (except during March Break) and Mondays. During the month of April, the Museum's hours are Monday to Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm, and closed on Sundays. The Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 is closed on select holidays.
- Admission to the Museum is charged while entrance to the Scotiabank Research Centre and the Pier 21 Gift Shop located on the main floor is free.
Learn more about the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.