Located less than a mile from our downtown hotel, the Metro Centre is the Halifax sports and entertainment hub. Our great city welcomed Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Prince Phillip for the arena's groundbreaking in 1976. The Halifax Metro Centre has undergone several modernization and expansion projects since its inaugural season, most recently in 2003 before the arena played host to the prestigious World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.
The arena is currently home to both Halifax' hockey team, the Mooseheads, members of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League; and Halifax's basketball team, the Rainmen, members of the Premier Basketball League. The Mooseheads' season currently runs from September - March, while the Rainmen's season is scheduled between January - April.
The Metro Centre additionally welcomes numerous corporate events. The internationally acclaimed Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo festival has been held at the downtown arena since 1979. In recent years the Metro Centre has held sold-out shows for Elton John, who set a single-concert attendance record; and Ozzy Osbourne, who sold out in a record nine minutes. Click here to view Metro Centre upcoming events.
- Ticket Office Hours
- Monday - Friday: 11am-5pm
- Game Days: Open later based on event schedule
- Will Call/Box Office Location
- The Ticket Atlantic box office is located on the Halifax Metro Centre promenade with entrances on both Carmichael and Duke streets
- Transportation: Metro Centre Halifax is located approximately .8 miles from our hotel
- A brief 5 minute drive
- A refreshing 15 minute walk
- The Duke Street Metro Transit Stop is conveniently located along the east side the arena
- Indoor parking is available nearby at Scotia Square Parkade, Prudy's Warf and the Casino Nova Scotia