Inspiring Events at
Plan your next Halifax Conference at the AAA 4-diamond Westin Nova Scotian. Our Conference Services Managers and Executive Meeting Managers specialize in one-stop shopping and offer professional, personalized service to ensure the success of your event in our Halifax convention space.
The versatility of our space inspires creative entertaining for any special occasion. Whether you are hosting a cocktail party for 20, a breakfast for 500, looking for a Halifax wedding venue for 100 or a corporate lunch for 300, we will deliver an experience of excellence at this premier Halifax hotel. Submit a Request for Proposal today.
Nova Scotian Meeting Space
Largest Meeting Space: 8,400 square feet
Total Meeting Space: 23,000 square feet, 17 Meeting Rooms, featuring natural light
- Check out the top reasons why the Halifax Seaport is a great meeting locale. Learn more.
- Want to find out more about our prime downtown Halifax location? See for yourself how close our hotel is to the city's top attractions and convenient amenities.
Looking for a great place to host a brainstorm, interview, or informal meeting? Check out our flexible work space, Tangent at Westin.
Business: Wireless high speed internet access in guestrooms and public areas, business centre in the hotel lobby, elements on hollis (restaurant), Starbucks cafe.
Recreation: Indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness centre, Yuk Yuk's Comedy Club, Sykea Salon & Spa.
Nearby: Restaurants, Museums, Harbour Front Boardwalk, Shopping, Harbour Tours, Farmer's Market, Pier 21, Cunard Centre, VIA Rail Canada train station.
Explore our Halifax attractions>
When you select The Westin Nova Scotian, you’ll enjoy our signature amenities that are designed to enable your groups to perform at their best. Experience the Westin difference and hold a meeting by December 31, 2015, to enjoy:
- Up to 100,000 Starpoints® signing bonus
- 2% rebate on master-billed rooms
- An added benefit of your choosing:
- Complimentary standard room, 1/35
- Complimentary room-type upgrade, 1/35
- Complimentary welcome reception
Introducing SPG Pro® Double Double.
Earn double Starpoints® and double eligible nights toward elite status when you book events between September 1 and December 31, 2015, with arrival dates between September 1, 2015, and December 31, 2016 at all Starwood Hotels & Resorts worldwide.
Here’s how it works:
- Double your earning power. Earn 2 Starpoints for every $3 of eligible revenue spent on meetings/events.1
- Reach elite status faster. Earn 2 eligible nights toward elite status for every 20 group room nights.2 (Usual earning is 1 eligible night toward elite status for every 20 group room nights.)
Hotel at a Glance
Year Opened: 1996 as The Westin Nova Scotian, 1930 as the Nova Scotian Hotel
Last Renovated: 2008
Guest Rooms: 310
Kings/Suites/Doubles/Queens: 81 /14 /91/124
125 person capacity limit. Locally-inspired sustainable modern cuisine. Roy's Lounge outdoor patio: 40
Executive Crown Suite. Featuring spectacular views of Halifax Harbour, our Crown Suite accommodates up to 25 people with separate areas for dining and socializing.
Robert L. Stanfield International Airport is 30 minutes from downtown Halifax.
Learn more about airport transportation >